all the questions and ways in which i answered them for myself in order to proceed with my production.
Q1 How am I going to exhibit?
– large sized portraits with headphones hanging next to it having the ‘soundtrack’ play on repeat.
Q2 Will you interview the subjects?
– Not as such, I will ask subjects to read out words that describe their character such as ‘shy’, ‘classy’ or ‘clever’. In addition to that I will record the actual production as well.
Q3 How can you provoke the desired emotion in your subject?
– By talking to them constantly, making them feel relaxed and comfortable in front of the camera. I will also ask the people photographer I worked for during the summer, for some more advice on this matter.
Q4 Are the emotions contrasting?
– The emotions have to be different enough to create a contrast, but the do not have to be oppositional emotions.
Q5 Have you thought about gender balance?
– Yes of course I will try to have a variety of gender, age and backgrounds.
Q6 Who is doing the mediation?
– That would be mainly me, but also the people I will be working with and my subjects to some extend as I will try to take my ideas from their actual charter.
Q7 How do you create unfamiliarity?
– This is exactly what I am still struggling with….